SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

missing window lock

A quick learner says:
I have a double hung tilt-in window that is missing a lock. The locking mechanism on the lower sash is there, but the keeper is missing which is supposed to be attached to the upper sash. The keeper is supposed to connect directly onto the glazing bead on the bottom, but the bottom piece of glazing is missing on this window (along with the keeper). I see pictures of similar glazing in your catalog, but I want to make sure I get the right size. I measured 1/4" depth by 9/16" width. I've attached photos of the existing glazing edge and two labels I found on the window (I can't figure out the manufacturer). Thank you so much.

Mike
User submitted photos of window hardware.
Profile picture of Dave
Dave from SWISCO responded:
Hey, Mike. You could have the Silverline 1200 series window. Silverline would install the keeper directly onto the glazing bead, like how you have it. Take a look at our 55-178 glazing and the 90-278 lock and see if they are the parts you are looking for.
A quick learner from Annapolis, MD says:
Thanks Dave! I went ahead and ordered the parts. Love the website! You guys are very helpful!
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)