SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

mobile home window latch

A home owner from Blythe, Ca says:
I am in need of some replacement latches for my 1985 Mobile Home. It has double windows panes for each window. The outside one uses the 91-174 latch, however the inside window in the frame, has latches that slide in and out and engage holes that are at different levels for different kinds of ventilation.

These latches or sliders have a spring like tension and a pointed end that goes into the frame of the window for security. Many of the tips have broken off and I need some replacements.

I will attach a picture of a broken one with the tip gone and one that is not broken.

Thanks for your help and I hope you can find some replacements.
hTanks...Mike
User submitted a photo of a window latch.
PHILIPS
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Hey, Mike. Thank you for your patience in this matter. We are having a difficult time finding this latch. Could we perhaps see a few pictures of it removed from the frame? That might help us locate a replacement.
A handy person from Blythe, Ca says:
Hi Tom..
Thanks for all your efforts. I tried to get the latch out of the window frame, but couldn't and was afraid I would either break the frame or the window. The pic that I sent before is the one with the intact latch..it has the tip on the end to engage the holes in the window frame. That whole latch slides from side to side. The pic enclosed today is the one showing the broken latch..the tip is gone.
Hope you can find something that will work for me.
Thanks...Mike
User submitted a photo of a tilt latch.
A handy person from Belleview, Fl says:
Hello,

I need the same Philips latch as this one. Also need the L bracket.

I inclosed a picture of them.

Thanks

Duane
Profile picture of Tom
Thank you both for your patience in this matter. We are currently working on a possible replacement and will post again in this thread as soon as we have something for you to see.
Profile picture of Tom
As for your corner, Duane, could you give me a bit more information? I'd like to know its dimensions, if you can, namely the width and thickness of the legs. Thanks!
A handy person from belleview, Fl says:
The L shape piece is 1/8 X 3/16 and the arms are 1 1/8 in long
Profile picture of Tom
Great! How about our 95-233? Does that look like a match to you?
Profile picture of Tom
Thank you both for your continued patience in this matter. Please see our new 91-062 Side Bolt Pair and see how this will work as a replacement.
Hi Tom....Yes.. the 91-062 looks like the item I need. I will order some and paint them black to match the frames I have. About the video..it is on how to replace the corners on a screen frame..do u or can u find something that deals with the window frame corners. The window does not have indents to drill out and I am afraid that it will break if just forced open without some additional guidance from you on how to replace the new slide bolt. Thanks for all your help Tom... Mike
Profile picture of Dave
Dave from SWISCO responded:
Well, you might have a corner with tabs, which will need to be pushed in so that you can remove the corner. However, the tabs might be behind the glass. Try to pry up the corner pins with an ice pick. Just make sure to be careful.
Thanks Dave for your advice. I tried to pry out one of the corner pieces(Top Tilts for Storm Panels)in which there are 2 at every corner on each window and it just disintegrated and shredded. It is plastic and I was sure that I was going to break the window. I will try to send some pics of what is left and the window channels it came out of. I still think that there must be an easier way of removing the corner pieces.

I also will need some replacement Top Tilts for my windows and in looking at the many you have available, I cannot determine which will fit my application. It looks similar to the 95-084 but has a slide plate under the tip for the window to slide on, I guess. Thanks for your continued help. Mike
Profile picture of Dave
Dave from SWISCO responded:
Wow! That's pretty torn up. You might want to look at either our 95-015 or 95-209.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)