SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

mortise hook

A home owner from USA says:

Do you know what mortise hook we should buy for our handle? And if so, do you sell it? This is what we have. Thanks!!

Slide-Co 143598 White Sliding Patio Door Handle Set
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
I couldn't cross-reference that number, but we still may be able to help. Please take a few pictures of your patio door handle set and we can try to find a good match for you.
A home owner says:
Thanks so much! Not sure if these pictures are good or not. But let me know if it helps you get an idea.
User submitted photos of patio door hardware.
Profile picture of Tom
Looks like you're showing two handle sets here. One appears similar to our 82-069 and the other more like our 82-002K. The former can use a few different mortise locks: see our 82-214, 82-218 and 82-226. The latter does not use a mortise lock, however, but rather a tooth hook. Which did you need a replacement for?
A home owner says:
So, I think I bought something I can't install. The 82-002K is what I currently have, but my mom can't open it due to difficulty unlocking it. So I bought the 82-069. But when I remove the 82-002K I'm going to have a big whole that I don't think the 82-069 is designed to fill...is it?
Profile picture of Tom
Oh, I see. No, the 82-069 likely cannot replace the 82-002K. That kind of handle needs to be replaced with the same type, I'm afraid.
A professional from California says:
88-001, 88-002, 88-009 will help with pulling the door. New rollers may be needed to get the door moving better and to adjust the door to latch easier.
The finger latch can be a little difficult, but a new one may move easier. Here's an easy check: Open the door and lock and unlock it away from the jamb. If it moves easily away from the jamb, it's either a roller or adjustment problem. If it is hard to move, you will probably need a new handle/lock (82-002K).
A professional from California says:
I just noticed in the picture that someone has cut part of the frame and bent it inwards toward the lock mechanism.
Look into that as a possible rubbing/binding point. I'm not sure what they were trying to do there with the cutting and the bending.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)