SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

mortise search

A quick learner from USA says:
Hi, do you have a lock that would work as a replacement for the lock shown below? if so, what is the model number?

STB Sliding Glass Patio Door Lock, Mortise Type, Multi-Point, 4-7/16" Screw Hole
Profile picture of Dave
Dave from SWISCO responded:
Take a look at our 82-238 mortise latch. This could be a newer version of what you have now, but I'm not sure. Carefully compare our hardware to your own to confirm.
A home owner from USA says:
I had seen that latch but initially dismissed it because of the plate/flange mounted on the edge where the latch-hooks protrude. But I see in the 3rd photo that the plate is removed. Can this latch be installed without that plate?

Also, in that 3rd photo, what are the two dimensions shown in the locked/unlocked position? It doesn't seem that the position of an internal mechanism would be of any consequence.

A dimension that is important but not shown in any of the photos is the distance between the holes that pass through the body of the latch housing (near the top and bottom); can you tell me that dimension?
Profile picture of Dave
Dave from SWISCO responded:
The 82-238 can be installed without the mounting plate. I just measured the hole centers on the latch and got 5-7/8". Is that the dimension you wanted? If you're still not sure, you could show us a couple pictures of the door where the lock is being installed. That may give us a clue.
Profile picture of Donna
Donna from SWISCO responded:
Please see new SWISCO product code 82-268, Multi-Point Mortise Lock, this may be another lock to consider for your repair.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)