SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

my roller doesn't have the plastic piece

A home owner from Oakwood Hills Illinois says:
The roller which I removed from my screen door doesn't have the black (plastic? piece you can see it in the 84-088 & 84-089 product pictures)item still in the roller. Therefore I can't tell if I need to order a right or left handed roller. Any tips on which one? Does it matter if I order 2 of the same. Thanks,
Profile picture of Donna
Donna from SWISCO responded:
If you are taking the time to replace one roller on your door why not purchase a pair (1 LH and 1 RH) install both and keep the remaining one as a spare. It is always a good idea to replace both rollers at the same time to prevent extra wear and tear to your new roller.
A home owner from Oakwood Hills Illinois says:
O.K. will do, however, do I need the black (plastic? piece)? Or should I remove it prior to installation?
Profile picture of Donna
Donna from SWISCO responded:
I was under the impression it was just missing. If it does not have this piece you may have a different assembly altogether. Please send us detailed photos with measurements for us to research a successful replacement for you.
A quick learner from Oakwood Hills Illinois says:
The measurements match your roller exactly except the black thing is missing on both rollers. They are in a Kolbe Screen Door.
Customer image of their Kolbe screen door roller.
Sorry, I took this from my cell phone.... Thanks, Diana
Profile picture of Dave
Dave from SWISCO responded:
Your picture was very helpful. It looks like our 84-088 LH and 84-089 RH will work for you.
A distributor from Oakwood Hills says:
Thanks, Diana
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)