SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

narrow line permashield sash balancer

A quick learner from Valparaiso IN says:
I have 10 sash balancers stamped R5 1027, 10 87, and 11600-17. Which balancer replaces this one?
User submitted a photo of an Andersen window balance.
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
Thank you for posting. I recommend that you look at our 24-1033. This can replace Andersen sash balances with a stamp of 1027.
Which balancer is needed for a window with the following information located in the bottom right of the glass. CIG-2
The glass is 36 3/8 inches wide and 22 Inches tall
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
I'm afraid we cannot identify an Andersen balance based on that information. We will need to know the numbers stamped on the surface of the balance box.
But that would require dismantling the window. There isn't any other way? The glass is 4 inches wider and 2 inches shorter than the window with the balancer stamped with 1027. Could it be the same balancer?
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
We can make a guess based on the glass size, but it's not the most reliable method. It seems that, based on the size of the visible glass, the 24-1033 would work for this other window, as well. However, I cannot make any guarantees.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)