SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

need 2 spiral balances for non tilt window

A home owner from Scottsdale, AZ says:
hello, we have Master View windows that were made here in AZ about 1996. The company is no longer in business. We have non tilt metal windows that have spiral balances. The one we need is 3/8 diameter, 29 inches in length with a clip on end and a blue plastic tip. I've attached a picture of end clip. While the picture makes the plastic part look green it actually is blue.
We will need two of these and may need two of smaller size (23 inches) if we can do this ourselves. Also need the tensioning tool. Can you tell me if we can purchase the one with blue plastic tip and the clip as shown? The clip actually attaches to a small non removal part at the bottom of the window.
User submitted photos of window hardware.
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
If the outer tube has a diameter of 3/8", I'm afraid there won't be a Blue Tip option. They only make these with Green Tips. If you want to confirm, you can give me the weight of your sash and I can tell you whether the Green Tip would work. I would also confirm the diameter of your tube, just in case.

Otherwise, we would custom make an S900-29 spiral balance but with our 15-073 shoe specially attached. Let me know if that looks good to you, and exactly what color tip option you will need (or the weight of your sash, ideally), and I can send you a custom order form and price quote for two.
A handy person from AZ says:
thank you. I did confirm the diameter of the spiral as 3/8 inch. I do not know how to get the weight of the sash. Very leery of removing the sash to weigh it for fear I won't be able to replace it. If blue is not available in this diameter, will the green tip spiral work? If so, then I need a quote for two green tipped 23 inch 3/8 spirals with the 15-073 shoe attached and two green tipped 29 inch 38 spirals with the 15-073 shoe attached.
Thank you
Susan
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
Green tip very well may work, but the only way to be sure is to know the weight of your sash. Two of these balances with a Green Tip can carry a sash weight of 14 through 26 pounds. If that can work for you, then I've sent you a custom order form for two of each specified balance.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)