SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

need 83-005 with 3" holes through the door

A quick learner from california says:
do you have a similar part with 4" holes through the door to the other handle?
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
I'm afraid we don't have a version of the 83-005 with different hole centers. Are you sure that's what you have? If you want, you can take a few pictures of your existing handle set and upload those pictures here for us to look at. From there, we can try to find a good match!

However, before you do that, I would like you to confirm the distance between your hole centers. In the title of the thread, you say they are 3", but in the body of the thread you say 4". Please double check and let me know!
A quick learner from california says:
have 4 inches in my mind i guess.... the images show the screen hole and door dimensions 3" is the approximate distance between the holes centers... thoughts?

User submitted photos of screen door hardware.
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Ah, I see. Is your original handle set missing? We have a few varieties of screen door handle that have 3" hole center spacing, but without seeing your original hardware it would be hard for us to know exactly what you have. I have related all such parts to this discussion for your review. You can see them on the right side of this page. Look them over carefully and see if you could use any as a replacement.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)