SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

need a replacement channel balance QUICKLY

A handy person from Matthews, NC says:
channel has a number that is 32D, the length of the channel is 32" and is a plain channel, the shoe is 1.25" wide and 1 3/8" tall, the shoe has a PAT number 1610108. The window is a tilt window and the bottom sash is what needs balances. The window measures 31 3/8 x 34 13/16. I need to get 3 replacement balances. The only thing I noticed on the web site that might work is series 795.

I am a handy woman and I need these channel balances that are going in a house that is for sale and it closes in 2 weeks. Thanks in advance for your quick response.
User submitted photos of a pivot shoe.
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Thank you for posting. I don't think the Series 795 will replace this. The shoe resembles our 15-169, but I'm having trouble finding this exact balance. Can I see a clearer picture of the metal clip at the end of the pulley string? It appears to be hooking into the shoe itself. Let me know!
A handy person from Matthews, NC says:
Tom, yes the shoe is 15-169, can the entire channel balance put together?
User submitted photos of window hardware.
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
I, personally, agree with your original assessment. After extensive research, I haven't been able to find this type of balance. Judging by the size of your shoe, I think our Series 795 would work as a substitute. It's not exact, but I could not find anything better. I am sorry we could not be of more help.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)