SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

need limiter for sliding window

A home owner from Arlington, VA says:
Looking for your suggestion on a limiter/stopper for a sliding window. Please see the two images attached.

Would 26-275W work? Any other recommendations other than this one? The purpose is to stop the sliding window pane at the widest opening set by me, so that if anyone from the outside cuts open the screen, pokes through the hole with their arm & reaches in through the window opening, they will not be able to slide the window further down the track.

I also looked at patio locks, which more or less operates with the same idea. However,given the clearance on my window pane - just under 1 inch for the space between sticker marked 1 and sticker marked 2, patio locks do not seem to work. Do you have anything similar to patio locks but needs smaller clearance? I am looking for unkeyed type. I do not need the keyed type. Thank you.
User submitted photo of their window hardware.
Profile picture of Dave
Dave from SWISCO responded:
We carry a few different types of window locks you might be able to use on this window. Take a look at our 90-036 and 90-304 to start. These are very similar to the ones I see in your photos. We also have the 26-387, which you might be able to attach to your frame.

As for the Patio door, take a look at our 82-040 and 82-051. We also have a few different keepers that these can go with to help lock your door at different locations. Check each part's respective store page under "Related Items."
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)