SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

need lock and operator (truth)

A professional from 08742 says:
The picture is for handle lock . It is from the same window as the truth operator. Dimensions for hansle lock: From pivot center to end of tab is 2.25". Handle is 3" from tip of handle to center of pivot. Mounting holes are 2 3/8 center to center.

The operator is exactly like

But my measurements for each arm are 4" each.

Part stamped on base plate says 10122000 1845.

User submitted a photo of window hardware.
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
This lock looks a lot like our 38-090. Check it out and let me know if you agree.

As for the operator, are the sizes of the arms the only difference, or is the connector different, as well? Can we see few pictures of your operator removed from the window? That will help us come up with a better replacement.
A quick learner from nj says:
Thanks Tom,

INdeed the lock looks like 38-090 and the hole pattern matches up but... what are the other dimensions? Handle length and tab. please see above?

Regarding the operator I have included pics. I removed the mounting piece from the clip and the holes seem to match up on the arm where the clip mounts. Will I need a new clip or can you bend the tab without trouble?

thanks. Ralph
User submitted photos of a window operator.
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Great, these pictures are perfect. Have you seen our 39-318 and 39-317 yet? These might be closer. Check them out and let me know what you think.

As for the 38-090, the length of the handle doesn't matter so much. However, the length of the inside tab, from the base to the tip, is approximately 1-11/16".
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)