need new channel balancers

A quick learner from san diego says:
i have attached 2 pics of the balancers i need to have replaced. i need 4 of each. in case you can't read the numbers, they are:

26DS 34 and 17DS 23

can you advise please?

mark
User submitted photos of a window balance.
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Hey, thanks for posting. I've narrowed this down to two possible channel balance Series: either our Series 351 or our Series 390 balances.

Now, as you can see, there is only one difference between these two Series, and that is their bottom shoe. The Series 351 uses the 15-002 while the Series 390 uses the 15-001. I can't quite tell what you have based on your pictures, though. Please carefully compare their dimensions to your own hardware and see which is a better match.
Comparison of 15-001 & 15-002
Comparison of 15-001 & 15-002
Can you also confirm the weight of the sash that goes to each balance? That will help us confirm the best weight options.
my balance requires the 15-001 bottom shoe. is there anywhere on the sash that gives it's weight?
Profile picture of Tom
There probably isn't a marking that tells you the weight. The easiest way to get your sash weight is to remove it from the window and place it on a scale. Any common bathroom scale should do. Check out the video below to see how you can remove the sash.
i have weighed the sashes and i get 34lbs for the 26DS 34 balance and 23lbs for the 17DS 23 balance. can you help?
Profile picture of Tom
Thank you. Looks like your sashes are heavier than is typical. One of the needed balances will have to be custom made. Before we get started, I would just like you to confirm that the length of the metal channels for each balance are 27" long (26DS) and 18" long (17DS), respectively.

If so, then I think I can help you out. The first balance would be for a S390-27 with a 2665 option. Two balances with this option can carry a window sash weight of 33 through 36 pounds.

The second needed balance, S390-18, would need to be custom made with a 1760 option. Two balances with this option can hold 20 through 23 pounds. You should confirm that this sash is either 23 pounds exactly, or a little below, because if it's over then the 1760 option may not be best.

If this information looks good to you, then fill out this custom order Form for the S390-18. Once you've filled out and submitted the rest of the information, one of our representatives will get back to you shortly thereafter with a price quote and an item for each that you can add to your cart, so that you can order them both at the same time along with anything else you may need.

If you think any of this information is incorrect, or if you think anything should be changed, let me know and we can work from there.
How to replace a window sash channel balance
How to replace a window sash channel balance
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Replace a Non-Tilt Channel Balance
How to Replace a Non-Tilt Channel Balance
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Repair a Jammed Window
How to Repair a Jammed Window
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Identify Replacement Channel Balances
How to Identify Replacement Channel Balances
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to replace a non-tilt channel balance
How to replace a non-tilt channel balance
GUIDE
READ >
Choosing a Non-tilt Channel Balance: What Will We Need?
Choosing a Non-tilt Channel Balance: What Will We Need?
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.