SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

need new wheels for sliding glass patio door

A contractor from Galveston Texas says:
I need replacement wheels for a sliding glass patio door. They are very unique, using both a cam adjustment and an offset. With out the right replacements these doors are going to require major reconstructive surgery. The only info I received about the doors was that they were installed around 1983. Thank you for your assistance.
User submitted photos of a patio door roller.
Profile picture of Dave
Dave from SWISCO responded:
I believe these rollers you show in your photos are no longer available. I can't believe they are from 1983, they look older. What I have done in this type of situation was to install a new patio glass door roller housing. Not sure if you have the room in the bottom rail of the door, but if you do it may be worth considering.

If you want, send us some photos of the bottom door rail with the inside dimensions and we will see if we can come up with a solution. In the meantime, take a look at these rollers; I have used them in the past for this kind of scenario. Start with our 81-023 and 81-123 and see if you can retro fit them to your door.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)