replacement for Biltbest window crank mechanism operator for casement windows

A quick learner from San Diego, Ca says:
The cranks on several of my Biltbest casement window operators no longer crank the window in and have come out of the main body of the mechanism. I can play around with it and crank the window out, but not back in, because the crank just comes out of the gear. Please see attached photo. The width of the opening in the wood where the gear mechanism fits is just under 5". Do I need to take off the wood trim to replace the whole operator? Do you have replacement parts for this item. Thanks
A customer submitted image of their casement window operator.
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Thank you for posting! Please see our 39-031 & 39-032. I think these look pretty similar, but check it out and let me know what you think. You will have to remove the wooden trim in order to replace this operator.
A handy person from Miami FL says:
I have some 30 year old Built Best crank windows.The crank handels have come out of the gears. Is there a way to fix the existing crank or do I need new ones like 39-032.
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

Once the worm gear comes out, it's unfortunately not possible to repair it. That usually means the gears have been stripped out. You will need an all new operator.

Watch How To Repair A Casement Window Crank Operator
Watch How To Repair A Casement Window Crank Operator
VIDEO
WATCH >
Connecting a casement window operator to stud bracket
Connecting a casement window operator to stud bracket
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Orient a Dual-Arm Operator
How to Orient a Dual-Arm Operator
VIDEO
WATCH >
Anatomy of a casement window
Anatomy of a casement window
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to identify casement and awning operators
How to identify casement and awning operators
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.