SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

need replacement handle assemb.

A handy person from Michigan says:
I can't figure out the maker of the storm door I have, but I have a broken handle that needs replaceing. I purchased the door about 10 - 12 years ago either at Home Depot or Lowes.

Can you please tell me what maker this handle belongs to....there are no marking at all on anything
A customer submitted photo of a storm door handle.
Profile picture of Dave
Dave from SWISCO responded:
Thanks for posting! You might just want to replace just the inside handle. Take a look at our 40-150 and see what you think. Keep in mind that you will have to reuse your existing spindle; I believe it is held into your existing inside handle with a small drive pin. You could also possibly replace the complete handle set. Take a look at our 40-160 and compare it to your hardware.
A quick learner from MICHIGAN says:
The spring on the inside of the small block housing broke and the handle no longer stays horizontal to the ground.

It just flops around and doesn't work.

I will order the handle you prescribed and see if that works....even if I have to drill out new holes

A quick learner from Conshohocken, PA says:
Did the 40-160 work for you? I have almost the identical latch as your picture and the same exact problem - it wont stay horizontal/parallel to the ground.

Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)