SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

need replacement (inside) storm door non-locking latch

A home owner from California says:
Brand is CMECH. Screw holes are 1-3/4" apart, spindle is 1/4" square. Just need the latch, the spring in mine is worn out and doesn't hold door shut when dogs jump on it. Storm door is 3/4" thick.
User submitted photos of a storm door handle.
Profile picture of Dave
Dave from SWISCO responded:
Thanks for posting! I think you might want to consider our 40-150. This might be a match. Keep in mind that for your handle, you might have to fight to get that spindle out, but it is possible. Just give it some patience and elbow grease.
A home owner from Indianapolis says:
This is a great and informative site. I wondering if anyone has any tricks for getting the screws out. Based on the picture, I have the exact latch mechanism, but the bottom screw just spins (as does the corresponding flat brass bolt on the outside that is flush with the brass handleset). I haven't been able to figure out how to hold the bolt side still as no way to grip it. Any ideas or other options. I might be able to get a thin hack saw in to cut it ???
Profile picture of Dave
Dave from SWISCO responded:
Try to wedge a small screwdriver blade to hold the through bolt while you take the screw out.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)