SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

need replacement parts for 11 year old home depot vinyl double glass slider

A home owner from los angeles, ca says:
white vinyl glass door/slider the lock and mechanism broke and need to replace whole thing- handle is 7 1/4 inches long pls see pictures of door with handle removed and where the lock would be and where it locks to
A customer submitted photo of a patio door handle hole.
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Good afternoon! Thank you for posting in our Discussion Board. Before I can suggest an applicable replacement handle, can you first tell me what the distance between the installation holes are, center-to-center? I would start with the two outside holes. Also, if at all possible, could we see a few pictures of your original handle?
A home owner says:
i was informed by another company of the following dimensions (i do not have the measurements or a pic of the original handle- sorry I can tell you the handle is white and Dimensions:

3-15/16 inch cross-hole spacing and Centered or 3/4 inch offset actuator location, conforms to general industry practice.
Profile picture of Donna
Donna from SWISCO responded:
Thanks for getting back to us. For the handle, I would take a look at our 82-069 or 82-035 and see if you can get these to work. As you can see, the hole measurements for these sets are also 3-15/16"

As for the mortise lock, I would start by looking at our 82-218. Compare its measurements to the hole in which it is to be installed and see if you think it will work out. You may also want to see our handy tutorial video on the best method of installation:
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)