SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

need sliding door keepers

A quick learner from Los Gatos, california says:
Hi dear helper,

I have lost both of sliding door keepers during a major remodeling. I have attached the photos for lock and the missing keeper spot.

I only found a label on the door top that also attached in the last picture. I think the door may come from Milgard. please advice what keeper should I buy. I need 2.

sorry, I am not a handy person, i am a home owner who hopes can do this small job by myself with YOUR help. :)

Jenny
User submitted photos of sliding door hardware.
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Hey, Jenny, thanks for posting. I certainly hope we can help!

I've seen this kind of handle before, and I have a few suggestions that may work. Before you settle on anything, though, I recommend that you confirm the distance between your screw hole centers. If I'm right, then it should be 3-15/16", but I'd like you to double check.

In the meantime, check out our 82-035, 82-031, and 82-069 and see if you can use any of these as a replacement.
A home owner from los gatos ca says:
Hi Tom,
Thank you so much for the reply. I assume you like me to check the screw holes distance from the handle, right?
I will do that and will also check the original holes distance for the keeper too.
I will post asap afetr I measure it today.

Thanks again,
Jenny
Profile picture of Tom
Great Jenny! Let me know as soon as you can.
A home owner from los gatos says:
Hi Tom,

I did the measurement. see attached. Again, I only need the keeper as picture shows that bthe keeper was missing.

Thank you very much!
Jenny
User submitted photos of a patio door handle.
Profile picture of Tom
Thanks for getting back to us with the measurements and photos. Looking at the configuration of the screw holes for the keeper I believe you may need our product code 89-029. Take a look and let me know what you think.
A home owner from Los Gatos CA says:
I will order 2 of them. Both of my back sliding door missing that.
Thank you very much!
Jenny
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)