SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

need sliding glass door handle

A home owner from Sanford, NC says:
I believe the door is an MW sliding glass door, 1 11/16 thick. It is outside handle and the original broke. The lock is intact. On the back of the plate: '2192, Patent Pending, Sash Controls inc, Ferndale, MI'. The color is dark brown (not critical). The screws are 4" apart. I have all of the other components. So, all I need is a handle (to replace the broken one) to screw onto the plate.

I can take and send a picture if needed.

What do I need to order?

Thank you for your help.
Bill E
A home owner from Sanford, NC says:
attached is a picture of the broken handle and a not-broken handle.

I hope this helps.

User submitted image of their door hardware.
Profile picture of Dave
Dave from SWISCO responded:
Hello, Bill. I believe you have an older style Legacy handle set like our 82-074. You say your door is 1-11/16" thick, while the 82-074 is for a 1-5/8" door. You might need to cut the tail on the key cylinder. Please see what you think.
A home owner from Sanford, NC, says:
All I need is handle, that is fastened to plate with two screws. How do I go about ordering the part/handle?
Profile picture of Dave
Dave from SWISCO responded:
I'm afraid the handle is not available by itself. At this time we are only able to provide the complete set.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)