SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

need to fix windows that drop

A handy person from york penna says:
My windows have a LP logo on them, they are tilt out windows.
as best as i can see the 15-014 is the foot part. The balance fixture has these markings on it.
Front sash 16
Inside sash 16B
"HA"
esi or bsi also

on some of the window the foot cam does not engage and the foot doesn't go up the window, I was thinking of lubricating the slide area with silicone spray.
The window drops and i have to latch it to keep it up.
what is the best fix?
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
Silicone is a good idea. I like to see a photo of balance (with a close up of the balance shoe) to make sure of the series. Can you also send us a photo of the foot cam?
A quick learner from york pa says:
I have attached five pictutes, hope this helps
User submitted photo of window hardware.
Profile picture of Donna
Donna from SWISCO responded:
The top two pictures of the plastic piece on the window sash is our 26-151 (right hand) and 26-152 (left hand). It is hard to see exactly what the bottom picture is because the view of the hardware is blocked.
Front sash 16
Inside sash 16B
"HA"
esi or bsi also

The above is on my channel balance, what part number would I buy? Also do you have instructions on how to install?
i dont see the long or short "S" clip where are they located, maybe i dont need any?
Profile picture of Paul
Can you submit additional photos? Maybe of the whole window balance so I can see how the ends are attached.
A quick learner from york says:
I have verified I have the 15-014 shoe, and the 26-151 and 26-152 cam. but the channel balance is the question on the rear balance is has a HH16 I.S.E and is 16 9/16" long on the front balance it has a HA 16B I.S.E. and is 18 9/16 inches long. What is their pn and how to they install?
User submitted photo of window balance.
Profile picture of Paul
Can you remove the balance from the window? We cannot see the balance attachments in this photo.
A quick learner from york says:
here are the images, the balance is 17" long but says 16 on it.
User submitted photos of their window balances.
Profile picture of Paul
OK, thank you for submitting pictures. You need the S751-17 with the option 16R. Let me know if you have any further questions.
A quick learner says:
my balance is plain not ribbed, isnt the S751-17 ribbed. is the balance the same on both sides?

What about the fron pane balance it is a little longer?
Profile picture of Paul
From the photos you've submitted, it does appear you have a ribbed balance.
A quick learner says:
Here is what is on each balance. I will call them front and back, when standing inside the house looking at the window. The top window frame, back, is marked with 16 HH on both sides. The lower window frame, front, is marked with 16B HA on the left balance, and 16B HF on the right side balance. What are you P/Ns ??
Profile picture of Paul
The S751-17 Channel Balance with the 16R stamp option appears to be the correct balance replacement.
A quick learner says:
Are you saying the 16R for all four balances? The ones in front are longer than the ones in the back? If I wanted to replace all four balances in the window would I use all 16B even though they are different lengths?
Profile picture of Paul
No, that is only for the 17" balances.

What are the lengths and stamps on the other balances?
A quick learner says:
they are 18" one marked 16B HA,left side , right side is 18 marked 16B HF
Profile picture of Mike
Mike from SWISCO responded:
If they're 18" in length, you will need to use the S751-18 with 17R stamp option.
Profile picture of Mike
Mike from SWISCO responded:
For those who have the Series 751 installed on their windows, we've just uploaded a tutorial video regarding installation and removal.

Hopefully this video proves helpful for any current or future projects.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)