need to identify window balance

A quick learner from nj says:
length of alum channel appears to be 33 1/8. I will send more pictures.
User submitted a photo of a window balance.
her are more pictures
User submitted photos of a window balance.
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
Thanks for contacting us. I recognize this balance, however the company that made it discontinued it. This exact assembly is no longer available, but we do have a possible substitute. The only problem is, it will have to be custom made.

The balance I have in mind for you is our S795-33 channel balance, but with a special 15-198 hook attached to the top. The "T" shoe that comes with the S795-33 eliminates the need for the old pivot shoe your balance used, in addition to being easier to install.

If you want to go this route, I will need to know the number printed on your current balance and the quantity you wish to order. From there, we can send you a custom order form and price quote.
A quick learner from Nj says:
Thanks. My problem is I have 6 windows all not operating properly. So that could be as many as 24 of these. Issue is existing shoe is very hard to move even with sash out. And there is shavings of vinal around the shoe. Can I buy both parts as attach clip with screw to try on one window to see if it fixes the issue.
33E is stamped on balance. I see the clip ties on, correct? So can I just untie standard clip and tie new one on?
sorry for multiple answers.

ok, i need 12 of these, but unsure how it will work, so I rather order 2, and then 10 later. can you qoute both 2 and 12 for quantity.

I need the "33E" as well as the hook clip on top that you indicated.

Please send me info to get quote. thanks.
Profile picture of Paul
Sure, I'm just a little confused. You requested a few different configurations and I'm not sure exactly what it is you want. Based on your last response, I will send you a custom balance order form for two S795-33 balances with a 33E option and a 15-198 clip attached to the top.
A handy person from new jersey says:
I ordered the balances and they seemed perfect. but they will not keep the sash up. The sash weight 34.6 lbs. I ordered an "E". I am not sure if I got an "E" or "B". Attached is picture from new balance I got from you guys.
User submitted a photo of a window balance.
Profile picture of Paul
Hmm, that's definitely an "E." I'm surprised that it's not strong enough. Did you ever find your old 33E balances to be too weak?

34.6 pounds is a little over what the 33E should typically support. That is usually meant for sashes weighing 30 through 34 pounds. At 34.6, maybe 33F would be better, though I worry that would be too strong since your old balances were 33E. A balance marked with 33F can carry 34 through 37 pounds. Would that work? Were your old 33E balances too weak to begin with?
A quick learner from new jersey says:
the old balances work fine. I guess I will go with the f. can you set up order for 2. I will take the e's out and rig up a test with 34 pounds and see how it works. Can you set this up quick to order, I would like to order today. per above i need special hook and shoe.
Profile picture of Paul
Sure thing, I'll shoot you an order for that right now. Keep an eye on your inbox.
A quick learner from new jersey says:
ok, thanks, please send asap. Also, if this turns out to be too strong, can I mix an e and f on same window sash?
Profile picture of Paul
I would not recommend mixing and matching spring strengths. What would happen then is that the stronger balance would have to work extra hard to make up for the weaker balance, and will end up wearing out faster. There's also a good chance that the sash will end up being unbalanced, of course.
How to Install a T-Lock Shoe on a Channel Balance
How to Install a T-Lock Shoe on a Channel Balance
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Convert a Crossbow Balance to a Channel Balance
How to Convert a Crossbow Balance to a Channel Balance
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to install the 26-200 Screw Plug
How to install the 26-200 Screw Plug
VIDEO
WATCH >
Modifying the Series 795 Balance
Modifying the Series 795 Balance
GUIDE
READ >
Classifying Channel Balance Fittings
Classifying Channel Balance Fittings
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.