SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

new stanley safety mirror closet door track

A quick learner from Michigan says:
I am trying to find a new track for my Stanley Safety Mirror closet door. The one I have won't allow me to adjust the stationery side of the door as the screw is stripped in side the track. I am trying to remove the track to try to get it to sit properly and not be wobbly but once I figure out how to move that piece I will probably ruin it.

Thanks Diana
User submitted a photo of closet door track.
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
Hey, Diana. I'm afraid I don't recognize this Stanley track. Can I see some pictures of the pins that go in it? That would help us find a good match.
A quick learner from MIchigan says:
Paul, attached is a photo of the bottom of my door and the label on the back. If the track that is on there is wrong then that would explain why every time I open the door 3/4 of the way the movable part of the track disengages. Very frustrating and thanks for any help.

Diana
User submitted a photo of bi-fold door hardware.
Profile picture of Dave
Dave from SWISCO responded:
Take a look at our 21-455 track and see if this can work for you. This track has a pivot and a nylon guide that takes a pin similar to yours.
Profile picture of Paul
I agree with Dave's assessment, However, before you purchase anything, you should give the track a spray of silicone and double check to make sure the doors are squared up on the tracks. In my experience, this is often the problem. If the track is dented or bowed, that also cause the door to jump the track, in which case a replacement track is suggested.
A quick learner from Michigan says:
So the 21-455 track is the exact depth and width as my upper track but my bottom track is 3/4 in deep by 1" wide. And yes the bottom track is dented.

So if I change to both tracks the same depth then my door will not fit and that would be a lot of shims to get it up another 1/4 of an inch. It might be better if I consult a pro since this is definitely not my field.

I appreciate your help and will keep this # for the track if I do need to order it.

Diana
Profile picture of Paul
Hmmm... we do have a high profile track that measures 1" wide x 1" high. See our 21-463. My only concern is that it might be too thick. Regardless, do you think this could be of some use? Right now the longest we have is 48", but if you're interested we can also try to bring in a 72" long version. Let me know!

Having a professional help you install this hardware is a good idea, especially if you haven't had any experience with it before. This kind of closet door can be a little vexing.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)