SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

non tilt balance selection

A handy person from Florida says:
I have different size balances that I need to replace. I think I need Series 377 Channel Balances for all but I am not sure of the proper weight code.

In the supplied pictures you can see the code of 23 - 1 J
would this be a 2310 sash weight?

Thanks for your assistance,
John
User submitted photos of a window balance.
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
Hey, John. Usually a stamp of 23 1 corresponds to our 2310 option, yes. However, you should weigh your window sash just to be sure this is the right way to go.
A handy person from Florida says:
Paul,

Thanks for the reply. I ordered channel balances for that window and another size. I also need a couple of balances for a Series 377 with length 12". All of the channel balances start at 13".

Could a special order be made for this size?

Thanks,
John
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Certainly. Check out this Custom Channel Balance Order Form I've started for you. All you need to do is fill out and submit the rest of the information and one of our representatives will get back to you with a price quote.

I've left the "Stamp Option" category blank for you to fill in. If you need any help determining what stamp you need, let me know.
A quick learner from Florida says:
Ok, I installed the new channel balances but I got the same behavior that I was getting with the originals before the spring broke. Slide the window back down over the clipped in channel balances but the balances do not catch the window. As if maybe something is missing within the channel of the window?

I then broke the channel clip so now I need to order some of those so I can get the window out.

Any thoughts would be helpful.

Thanks,

John
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Good to hear back from you, John, though I'm sorry that you're still having issues. The take-out clip could be our 16-002, so check that out and see if it's familiar. I'm not sure what your other problem is. Can you go into more detail?
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)