SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

non-tilt window channel balance

A quick learner from California says:
I need to replace this on two windows. One says, "26 4BSI". The other says "23 5 CV CMC"
User submitted image of their window hardware.
User submitted image of their window hardware.
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
Thanks for posting. Looks like you have two different balances, and we need more information on each. I will try to be as clear as I can to avoid confusion! To help, I split the pictures up in two groups: I will refer to the first picture as Balance A, and the second two pictures as Balance B.

First, can you show me a picture of the top attachment for Balance A? You show the bottom attachment, but in order to identify the right Series we will need to see the top. I will also need you to measure the heel-to-toe measurement of the bottom attachment. I think it could be either our 15-005 or 15-004, but I can't be sure. You also mention two stamps: "26 4" and "23 5." Which of the two stamps goes with Balance A? Finally, please give me the length of the metal channel.

Balance A should be a standard balance.

Balance B, however, will have to be custom made. This is a unique type of balance that is not compatible with anything we have in our catalog. We can make it, we just need more information. First, please tell me which of the two stamps ("26 4" or "23 5") goes with Balance B. Please also tell me the length of the metal channel. Finally, please tell me how many of these you need.

Hopefully this helps. Let me know if you have any questions.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)