old Alenco window repair

A home owner from Sevierville, TN says:
I have single hung Alenco windows installed in 1967 or 68. Both balance springs are shot and sticking out the bottom of the sash. Do you have replacement parts and can you tell me how to replace them? I don't know how to remove the sash either since they don't have the removal clips.
User submitted photos of window hardware.
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
Thank you for posting. It looks like your windows are not-tilt, so I think that you either have our Series 400 or Series 500 spiral balances. To determine exactly which, you will need to measure the diameter of your balance tubes.

I will also need you to open the window and send a photo from the bottom looking up where the balance attaches to sash.
A home owner from Sevierville, TN says:
The balance tube measures approximately 3/8 inch
User submitted photos of window hardware.
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
Thanks for the additional pictures. That helps clear things up a lot!

Since your balance tube is 3/8" in diameter, I think you may want to consider our Series 400 balances. I can't make out what fitting you need on the bottom of sash, though.

Now, before you remove your sash, your balances might need to be charged with our 75-005 tool. You can see in our guide on charging non-tilt balances below.

If this doesn't help ,then you will need to remove sash to replace broken balance or bottom sash clip.
A contractor from atlanta says:
Im guessing these sashes dont remove? I am a window technician and have never been able to remove the sashes on this type window.... please shed some light on removal of sashes.
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Some non-tilt sashes are made so that they cannot be removed, it's true. It's frustrating but it can be worked around. If you need to replace the balances in such a window, you just need to drop them in from the top, fasten it to the track, then have someone hold the sash up while you attach the clip at the bottom. It may be a little trickier than it sounds, but as long as you're patient and careful the balances should install with no problem.
How to adjust a spiral balance on a non-tilt window
How to adjust a spiral balance on a non-tilt window
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.