old balance description

A quick learner from St. Augustine, FL says:
The old channel balance which I removed from the left inside of the window has a long spring in the channel. Will the block and tackle work as long as I replace both sides? The window is an aluminum frame double hung non-tilt "thermopane" that measures 52" wide by 48" high. HEAVY. The condo was built in 1992. We own the condo from the inside of the exterior walls only and the windows are the owners' responsibility. We are right on the Intracoastal Waterway so salt vapor is an issue.

The metal part of the old balance measures 23" long and is, I believe, the 9/16" width. The marking on the metal piece is 2240. Please advise price and availability. Thank you.
A customer submitted photo of a channel balance.
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
Thanks for posting.

Please take a look at our S385-23 with a 2240 option.
A quick learner from St. Augustine says:
Thank you for suggesting the S385-23 with the 2240 option. However I cannot see what the 2240 option looks like. The picture of your S385-23 shows the end piece described as the 'shoe' with wings. The piece from our window does not have wings. See attached photo. Is that what the 2240 option covers?
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
If that's the case, then it sounds like you will need a S395-23 replacement balance with the option 2240.
How to Replace a Non-Tilt Channel Balance
How to Replace a Non-Tilt Channel Balance
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Repair a Jammed Window
How to Repair a Jammed Window
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Identify Replacement Channel Balances
How to Identify Replacement Channel Balances
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to replace a non-tilt channel balance
How to replace a non-tilt channel balance
GUIDE
READ >
Choosing a Non-tilt Channel Balance: What Will We Need?
Choosing a Non-tilt Channel Balance: What Will We Need?
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.