old pivots failed

A landlord from canada, ontario says:
need replacement of of lower and upper pivots. how can i determine if an offset is used? will the screw holes match up with mine? i looking at some of your product and im not understanting how they mount. maybe im looking at wrong ones?
User submitted photos of a commercial door hinge.
Profile picture of Dave Sr.
Dave Sr. from SWISCO responded:
I believe you have an older Kawneer door. Our 79-124 is a possible replacement, but you will have to re drill some of the holes in the door. That's what I've done in the past, at least. For some reason, Kawneer changed the hole positions in the newer doors and pivots.
A quick learner says:
your right it is probably the original piece from when the building was built 50 years ago lol. im just not understanding how the bottom mount works. origionally i believe the pin was cast in concrete. would i have to cut into the aluminum frame? is there a how too on the install? heres some more pics
User submitted photos of commercial door hardware.
Profile picture of Dave Sr.
Dave Sr. from SWISCO responded:
The photo you are showing me is the threshold. First off, see if the threshold part of the pivot is bad. Maybe the bottom door pivot is the only part that must be replaced. If not, the threshold will have to be removed from the bottom of the entrance way to remove the bottom pivot.

The 79-124 is held in with 3 screws in the threshold and 3 in the side jamb of the door frame. The threshold is also held in with screws anchored into the concrete under it. When replacing these pivots in the past, I would use a liquid wrench or WD-40 type lubricate to loosen up the screws. Try some heat. If all else fails you will have to drill out or grind off the screws.
How to Install a Kawneer Commercial Door Pivot
How to Install a Kawneer Commercial Door Pivot
VIDEO
WATCH >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.