old storm window and screen latches and corners

A handy person from Garfield, NJ says:
I have old storm windows with many broken latches and a few broken corners. The storm windows are 27-1/4" W x 28" H, and the screens are 28-5/8" W x 28" H. The latches are 3" long and the corners are 5/8" long, see photos. The markings are PAT. L? or R? PEND.. The L (left) numbers vary and include L1, L2, L3, and L4. The R (right) numbers vary and include R2, R3, R4, and R5. There seems to be no difference in the size of the latches between the various number designations. How do I disassemble the stamped slotted corners and reassemble, see photos? Do you have equivalent replacement parts? Thank You

User submitted photos of window hardware.
Profile picture of Dave Sr.
Dave Sr. from SWISCO responded:
Looking at your photos, it appears that your storm windows are similar to the ones which were manufactured by White Star Aluminum. Your hardware was an earlier version, where the corners were staked into the aluminum frame. Look at our 91-004, 91-005, as well as the 95-026 and 95-027 top corners. These are a newer version of the same corners you have now and have a self locking spring clip at the ends which eliminates the need to "stake" or "pin" in the new corners.

While removing the broken corners, you will need to remove the glass and screen wire from the frame. I normally use a bench vise to hold the frame secure so I can tap out the broken parts. In some cases, you might need to drill out the pin marks or spread the frame a little to loosen up the broken corner. Look at the related videos on repairing storm windows on the right side of this page, as well, you may find them helpful.
How to install a window screen latch
How to install a window screen latch
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to replace stamped window corner keys.
How to replace stamped window corner keys.
VIDEO
WATCH >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.