SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

old weatherstrip replacement

A home owner from rockland county new york says:
i have a bay window not sure of year had to be 10-15 years old need weatherstrip for side window of bay window which swings out i have the old one it looks like there is a plastic piece 1/4 by 1/4 with groves on it so it slides into the window then it has a foam that goes down 1/2 it is 27 1/2 long can you help me get the part tks for your help
User submitted a photo of window weatherstripping.
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Thanks for posting! I'm sorry, but I will have to see a profile picture of this weatherstripping in order to identify it. You could also submit an illustration of its profile.

Please see our handy guide on how to take pictures of weatherstripping for more information.
A home owner from truckee ca says:

I am fairly sure that I have the same type of weatherstripping as shown above. The windows are 12 years old, have no identifying brand/markings, casement/crank style openings. I will attach some pictures in hope you can identify what type of weather stripping it is so I can replace it with comparable type. I don't have measurements yet (pouring rain so will get them later).
User submitted a photo of their weatherseal.
Profile picture of Dave
Dave from SWISCO responded:
Thanks for the additional picture! This is a huge help. We don't have an exact match, but see our 58-170 foam filled weather strip and see if this could work. You may also want to see our 58-053 or 58-055.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)