operators for old windows

A contractor from connecticut says:
Operator arm is 10 1/4" long. What replacement operator parts will work in place of this old broken one?
User submitted photos of a window operator.
Profile picture of Dave Sr.
Dave Sr. from SWISCO responded:
I recognize this hardware. Both the operator and lock are discontinued and no longer available. You may be able to retro fit some hardware that we do carry, though. Check out our 38-097 and 38-098 locks, as well as the 38-079 keepers. I also recommend our 39-013 and 39-014 operators. You will probably also need the 39-114L handles and 39-505 track. Look this hardware over and see if they can fit in your window.
A quick learner says:
The length of the current operator arm is 10 1/4 ". The one you are recommending is 3" longer. Is there one you recommend that isn't this long? Perhaps another brand or type?
Profile picture of Dave Sr.
Dave Sr. from SWISCO responded:
Unfortunately, no. In my experience, the operators I've suggested are the best matches I could find. I cannot guarantee that theu will work for you, but they've worked for me in the past so I think it's a good place to start.
A quick learner says:
Are these items returnable if they do not fit?
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Yes. Check out our Return Policy for more information.
Anatomy of a casement window
Anatomy of a casement window
VIDEO
WATCH >
Watch How To Repair A Casement Window Crank Operator
Watch How To Repair A Casement Window Crank Operator
VIDEO
WATCH >
SWISCO Window Operator Crank Handles
SWISCO Window Operator Crank Handles
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to identify casement and awning operators
How to identify casement and awning operators
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.