SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

outer door handle for 40-150

A home owner from Horseheads, New York says:
What is the outer door handle and cover plate to go with item # 40-150?
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
The 40-150 actually works with many, many different kinds of exterior handles. I am not sure what you have. Could you show us a few pictures of your current exterior handle? That will allow us to find a match. Also, area there any stamps or codes, or any kind of manufacturer information on the door itself? That information would also be helpful.
Per your request I have included 3 photos of the handle assembly currently on my Pella storm door. (I'm assuming that it's a Pella door. Correct me if I'm wrong.) As I have said 40-150 fits the space of the top inside latch. The screw holes line up. Do I need to replace the outside assembly as well? 40-150 doesn't seem to fit on the spindle for the current assembly. Or do I need to just replace the spindle? Let me know.
User submitted photo of their door handle.
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Thank you for the extra information! Yes, that does look like the 40-150. Have you tried removing the spindle insert? You can use a 3/32 Allen wrench to loosen the bolt on the side of handle, and the spindle insert will fall out. The 40-150 accepts a 1/8" spindle with the insert, and a 3/8" spindle without the insert.
Just in case, what would the part number be for the outer door handle and assembly if I can't resolve the issue as you have stated and I wanted new parts that fit the 40-150? I have always believed in not just having a plan A, but also a plan B and maybe even a plan C.
Profile picture of Dave
Dave from SWISCO responded:
We don't have the exact handle you show in your photo, but our 40-160 handle set comes to mind. It's a little different, but if you need to replace the complete handle set this could be your best option. Check it out and see what you think.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)