SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

pacesetter latch

A quick learner from North Platte,Ne says:
I have a pacesetter screen door latch that broke and can't get ahold of pacesetter corp.Think they are out.can you help me?I will send picture.thank you,

the out side handle is fine,just need a new latch.Thank you.
User submitted photos of storm door handles.
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Could your 40-117 latch work? It has a 1-3/4" hole spacing and a finger lock. Would this work for you?
A quick learner from north platte,ne. says:
this latch doesn't look like mine,don't think it will work,thank you any way,the measurment is right,but it looks different then mine.
Profile picture of Dave
Dave from SWISCO responded:
I don't believe this type of storm door handle is made anymore. However I do believe that the 40-117 inside latch should work for you. The latch works the same way as yours, though you might need to adjust the keeper attached to the door jamb where it locks onto. You could also replace the complete handle set with something like our 40-026, but I'm just not sure about the bottom screw on the outside handle. You might need to re drill for that bottom screw.
Thank you,I orderd it today,we will try it out.the( 40-117)
Profile picture of Dave
Thank you! Please let us know how it works out.
thank you I will let you know.
A quick learner from North Platte, NE says:
I purchased a 40-117 inside latch. The door latch didn't work. My out side handle has a rod typ thing that doesn't go in the latch you sent. Do you have an out side handle to go with the latch?
Profile picture of Dave
I'm sorry to hear it didn't work out. Since your handle set is no longer made, you may be better off trying to replace the whole thing with something like our 40-026. I cannot guarantee this will work, and it may require some retrofitting, but it is the only other possibility we have.
thank you , We will try the 4-026.I am sending the other one back tomorrow.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)