SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

pan Am Jalousie window operator

A quick learner from St Augustine, Fla says:
Is it right or left handed?? I am perplexed -on your site the there is one that looks just like it-r handed- but the part that is broken on mine is on the other side. Can you help?
User submitted photos of a window operator.
Profile picture of Dave
Dave from SWISCO responded:
Thanks for posting. This operator looks to be right-handed, but I'm not sure what it is, specifically. Is there another operator identical to this (regardless of whether or not it's right or left handed) that you can measure? I would like to know the distance between hole centers from one side to the other. Thanks!
A home owner from St Augustine says:
Thanks for your response. The bottom fastener is missing. I measured to the best of my ability from the center of the top hole to where I think the center of the bottom hole would be and it is 4 and 7/8ths where the Daryl on your site is 5 and 1/4. The distance from midbolt of the small arm the center hole at the end is 2 and 1/2 inches. Could you please weigh in on why the bottom fastener looks to be on the opposite side to the right handed operator Daryl 39-017. Does it really matter what sid it is on. otherwise mine is identical to the 39-017.
Profile picture of Dave
Dave from SWISCO responded:
Hmm... check the installation holes on the window itself, then. That should give you a more accurate reading of what the distance between the hole centers are. Also, is the hole at the end of the link arm a plain hole or does it have a machine screw thread?
A home owner from st augustine says:
I measured the holes from the old one-it is 5 and 1/4. I am going to order the 39-017 and hope for the best. Thanks.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)