pan Am Jalousie window operator

A quick learner from St Augustine, Fla says:
Is it right or left handed?? I am perplexed -on your site the there is one that looks just like it-r handed- but the part that is broken on mine is on the other side. Can you help?
User submitted photos of a window operator.
Profile picture of Dave Sr.
Dave Sr. from SWISCO responded:
Thanks for posting. This operator looks to be right-handed, but I'm not sure what it is, specifically. Is there another operator identical to this (regardless of whether or not it's right or left handed) that you can measure? I would like to know the distance between hole centers from one side to the other. Thanks!
A home owner from St Augustine says:
Thanks for your response. The bottom fastener is missing. I measured to the best of my ability from the center of the top hole to where I think the center of the bottom hole would be and it is 4 and 7/8ths where the Daryl on your site is 5 and 1/4. The distance from midbolt of the small arm the center hole at the end is 2 and 1/2 inches. Could you please weigh in on why the bottom fastener looks to be on the opposite side to the right handed operator Daryl 39-017. Does it really matter what sid it is on. otherwise mine is identical to the 39-017.
Profile picture of Dave Sr.
Dave Sr. from SWISCO responded:
Hmm... check the installation holes on the window itself, then. That should give you a more accurate reading of what the distance between the hole centers are. Also, is the hole at the end of the link arm a plain hole or does it have a machine screw thread?
A home owner from st augustine says:
I measured the holes from the old one-it is 5 and 1/4. I am going to order the 39-017 and hope for the best. Thanks.
How to Replace an Awning Window Operator [1080p]
How to Replace an Awning Window Operator [1080p]
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to identify casement and awning operators
How to identify casement and awning operators
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.