SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

part #15-195, 1-1/4 T-lock balance shoe Patriot windows

A quick learner from gastonia, north carolina says:
The pieces that I recently received on my order #538484 do not match the old "T" locks. Although very similar in overall size and shape there is a difference in body thickness that prevents the part from fitting correctly into the channel balance.
The difference in thickness is approx. 1/16". There is also a difference in the slot on the front of the piece that allows the window pivot tang to slide down into the metal locking cam.The old "T" lock has a molded in slot, the new version does not.
The numbers on both pieces are the same ...pat.# 6.679.000 . 4.610.108 .D467 490.
User submitted photos of pivot shoes.
A quick learner from gastonia, north carolina says:
This is a follow up to my posting regarding the "T" lock balance shoes, part # 15 - 195. The attached photo's show the configuration of the end of the channel into which the "T" lock shoe fits. Your catalog shows a plain channel,the channels on my windows have a formed "V" shape allowing the window pivot tang to more easily fit into the cam in the shoe.
User submitted photos of a window balance.
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Ah, I see. You have an older kind of balance that is no longer made. As you've already discovered, because of the indentation in your metal channel, our 15-195 will not work for you. Unfortunately, you would have to replace the entire balance with something like our Series 795 channel balance.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)