part for 1982 8' sliding glass door set (2 x 4')

A quick learner from Venice, FL says:
I own a 1982 Florida home. It has an 8'x 74" 2 4' door set. There was an "eyebrow" running in a track (I am talking small nylon fabric with nylon brush like bristles). Approx 1/4" (fabric) with approx 3/16" bristles. Piece is 4' long.

There was two per door. I believe they were to keep mosquitoes and such from getting inside.

I can find no one who knows of these strips. I need four of them. They mount by sliding into the track which is part of the top rail of each door. Any assistance is good.

Thanks in advance.

The doors have no ID on them.. Go figure.
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
Please look at and compare our 58-099 wool pile to what you have. This is very poplar with patio door manufacturers that use wool pile weather strip. Just make sure its dimensions match up to yours. Your measurements will need to be as precise as possible.
A handy person from Venice, FL says:
I certainly appreciate the response concerning the wool pile weather stripping and will be ordering soon.

Also, if I send a picture of the other minor needed parts can you advise if they are available. I am speaking of the nylon (plastic, leastwise) end pieces at the top ends of the panels which keep it from moving side to side when the wind blows.

I also would like to replace the rubber weather strip at the latch end of the sliding panel.

Thank you indeed
David
Profile picture of Paul
Sure, if you send us pictures of the parts you need we will do our best to find replacements!
A handy person from Venice, FL says:
Pix of parts needed. Thanks.
Patio parts
Profile picture of Paul
Take a look at our 80-045, the measurements are fairly close. Could you use this as a replacement?
A home owner from Venice, FL says:
I am very pleased to have found the SWISCO ad through a google search.

I have been faced with having to replace a perfectly good set of sliding glass doors because they wouldn't roll, shook and banged from the wind, etc.

I had tried for many months to find the required parts to fix the problems, with no luck.

Then I found this website and heaven decided to smile upon me. Not only do they have the parts I need (they were shipped today) but were very helpful in informing me of what I need. Very polite and friendly, as well.

I will pass on the info for others who may be in my situation.

Thank you very much, indeed,
David
How to replace wool pile weatherstripping
How to replace wool pile weatherstripping
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Cut Out Pile Weatherstripping
How to Cut Out Pile Weatherstripping
VIDEO
WATCH >
Identifying Replacement Weatherstripping
Identifying Replacement Weatherstripping
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to maintain a sliding glass door
How to maintain a sliding glass door
GUIDE
READ >
How to replace a sliding glass door roller
How to replace a sliding glass door roller
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.