SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

part for 1988 certainteed tilt window LTS-88

A quick learner from Newport News, Va says:
Need the night-lok. It allows some ventilation with an element of security. You press on the night-lok and slide up and let it pop out. The number on the chambered frame is LTS-88. I can take a picture of the night-lok if needed. It doesn't have any screws to install it. My windows are in fantastic shape for being installed in 1988. I love them.
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Thanks for posting! Yes, I would like to see a few pictures. That will help us decide what would be a good fit.
A quick learner from Newport News, VA says:
Attached are the pictures of the night-lok LTS-88
User submitted photos of window hardware.
Profile picture of Tom
Great, thanks for the clear pictures. How about our 26-148? Could you get this to work?
A quick learner from Newport News, VA says:
Yes it looks like the part will work. The measurements are perfect. Does the part come with installation directions? Not sure how to get the old part out.
Profile picture of Tom
This type of vent lock is surprisingly simple to remove. All you have to do is pop it out with something like a flat head screwdriver or putty knife. There's just one catch -- it will break when it's removed. These aren't meant to be taken out, you see. It's a bit of a pain when they stop working, but at least the only trick necessary is some elbow grease. Let me know how it works out!
A quick learner from Newport News VA says:
I ordered 3 night-lok's. (2 for spare). I will let you know how it goes after I receive and install them. Thanks for telling me how to get the old one out.
A handy person from Massachusetts says:
Did these work? I think we have the exact same windows. Was it easy enough to remove? Our last tenant broke a bunch so now there's just a metal part still in the hole.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)