part number

A quick learner says:
I am seeking the plastic part . that goes on the top of the "top slide" for a bi folding door.
most of the ones i viewed have a round wheel at the top , but i am seeking a hardward piece for an older bi fold door which at the top of the slide has a small"square " plastic piece which allows the door to slide along the metal track.
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Please take a look at the Swisco 23-146 Wood Door Guide Cap.
A quick learner says:
thanks
i think thats the exact one.
appreciate it
A quick learner says:
Mike
one additonal question. these caps are hard to get into the "track"
the pic you have posted here --- am i correct in assuming the top part of the nylon tip as shown , when i place it in the metal track will be reversed from the position of the picture as shown.
that is the smaller part will be at the top of the track( as its impossible to fit the larger piece into the track. not wide enough
Profile picture of Tom
The 23-146 guide is made to snap in the door track.
A quick learner says:
THANKS. I am starting to lose my religion over getting the tips into the metal tracks.
common sense would seem thats the way most should be made but the nylon square ones , do not snap in. I've cut the top part back , screamed at it , cursed it and am relieved to finally find the one you pointed out.
Terry T
T
Profile picture of Tom
Please let us know how your project turns out.
Bi-fold Door Repairs
Bi-fold Door Repairs
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.