SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority


A handy person from Buena Park, Ca says:
Angled tip broke off,from inside of room looking out, it is the one on the right side of window.
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
I'm afraid I do not know what it is you're looking for. Can you explain to me its function? Even better, can I see a few pictures of it removed from the window? That will help us find the best possible replacement for you.
A quick learner from Buena Park, Ca says:
These are the two spring loaded retaining clips that allow you to swing the lower panel inward so to easily clean the outside of the window from inside the house. White plastic, they click into the side rails of the frame of the window and lock into position.
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Ah, I see. Sounds like you're looking for a tilt latch. I recommend that you browse through that section and see if anything we have here is a match for you. Make sure to carefully compare dimensions to your own hardware.
A quick learner from Buena Park, Ca says:
Yes, it looks like prod.code 26-390, but the part number I gave you which is molded into the part on the underside of it wouldn't that help us find the exact one I'm looking for?
Profile picture of Donna
Donna from SWISCO responded:
5.139.291 looks like a manufacturing stamp, but not a part number. Unfortunately, that will not help us find exactly what type of latch you have. Your best bet is to compare the dimensions of our 26-390 to your own hardware and see how well they match up. If you still aren't sure, we will need to see pictures.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)