parts for Benchmark bifold steel closet door

A home owner from Springfield, VA says:
We are looking for parts to secure bifold steel closet door by Benchmark. Most likely need to replace missing spring and cap to fit the track.

The pins are about 5 1/2 inches or 14 cm long (a quarter inch or 6mm in diameter). Another spring was 2 3/8 inches or 6 cm long (1 cm diameter).

The track is 3 cm at widest and 1 cm in middle gap.
Pictures included. Thanks for your help.
A customer submitted photo of bifold pins.
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
Thanks for posting. Your pin looks very similar to our 21-044 Benchmark Bifold Door Pivot with Clip, so I would recommend that you take a look at its dimensions and compare it to your existing hardware. Do you think this would work for you? The individual replacement components for this pin would be our 21-100 cap, 21-157 spring retainer, and 21-250 spring.

As for the bracket in your track, please take a look at our 21-209 pivot bracket.
A quick learner from Pittsburgh, PA area says:
I am also struggling to update Benchmark Bifold doors. My problem is there are little plastic circles that fit in the top and bottom of the holes where the pivot rods go thru that are so old as to have disintegrated. I assume the purpose is to reduce screech when the metal rod pivots against the metal of the door holes. Do you have a suggestion for this?
Profile picture of Paul
I believe you are talking about the Benchmark nylon grommet, our 21-163, which locks in the door hole for the pins to slide through without rubbing the metal. Does that look right?
A home owner from PA says:
To replace this top spring-pin, must I lift the entire door out of the track? I swear I replaced one of these pins years ago without having to take the door out/down.
Profile picture of Paul
I've replaced top guide pins before by pulling the bottom guide and top pin together on the end panel. Then, the panel swings off the track, and you can replace the top guide pin. Can you try something like that?
A home owner from PA says:
Thanks, Paul. That worked, with a bit of a struggle -- I could have used a third hand to hold the end/free panel steady while I inserted the new top guide pin.

I'll be ordering some pin caps to have on hand the next time one of them flies off when I open one of our many bifold doors.
A home owner from Fair Fax VA says:
The post with the spring is 6" long and 3/8" in diameter.
I would like to order 6 of these replacement parts.

Thanks,
Teddy
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named BF5FACA7-80FB-46AB-8744-A98B6BD5A53D.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 443ABC46-7C12-44AC-8E4E-DFAA7CAA1CEE.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named E524EC38-8E1E-4D2B-8733-A8578576B3DF.jpeg
Profile picture of Paul

Hi, Teddy. 

For each set of Benchmark bi-fold doors, you will need three 21-044 spring loaded pins and one 21-002 bottom adjusting pin. Compare our dimensions to yours and see what you think. 

Bi-fold Door Repairs
Bi-fold Door Repairs
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.