SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

parts for Benchmark bifold steel closet door

A home owner from Springfield, VA says:
We are looking for parts to secure bifold steel closet door by Benchmark. Most likely need to replace missing spring and cap to fit the track.

The pins are about 5 1/2 inches or 14 cm long (a quarter inch or 6mm in diameter). Another spring was 2 3/8 inches or 6 cm long (1 cm diameter).

The track is 3 cm at widest and 1 cm in middle gap.
Pictures included. Thanks for your help.
A customer submitted photo of bifold pins.
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
Thanks for posting. Your pin looks very similar to our 21-044 Benchmark Bifold Door Pivot with Clip, so I would recommend that you take a look at its dimensions and compare it to your existing hardware. Do you think this would work for you? The individual replacement components for this pin would be our 21-100 cap, 21-157 spring retainer, and 21-250 spring.

As for the bracket in your track, please take a look at our 21-209 pivot bracket.
A quick learner from Pittsburgh, PA area says:
I am also struggling to update Benchmark Bifold doors. My problem is there are little plastic circles that fit in the top and bottom of the holes where the pivot rods go thru that are so old as to have disintegrated. I assume the purpose is to reduce screech when the metal rod pivots against the metal of the door holes. Do you have a suggestion for this?
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
I believe you are talking about the Benchmark nylon grommet, our 21-163, which locks in the door hole for the pins to slide through without rubbing the metal. Does that look right?
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)