SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

Discontinued Certainteed patio door handle

A home owner from Virginia says:
I'm trying to find a replacement door handle that will work on a Certainteed patio door. (see pic). I'm told by Certainteed and MIWD that this door was discontinued by Certainteed in 2006.

I trying to find a patio door handle that has the latch on the inside (picture) but has a key lock on the outside.

thanks
Mike
User submitted photos of patio door handles.
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
Hey, Mike, thanks for contacting us. Have you seen our 82-068 yet? This looks very similar to your own hardware. You may also want to see our 82-238.
A home owner from Illinois says:
Paul got a problem. i have a Certainteed sliding door with a handle like the ones pictured under your patio door handle discussions. my problem is the double hook Mortise lock is broken in the locked position with my sliding patio door in the closed position. removing the handle and manually turning the locking mechanisms 1/4" square drive does not release the locking mechanism.

I can see very little of the actual locking mechanism but was wondering if there is some way to release the locking mechanism. I am out of ideas.

Thank you

Bob
Profile picture of Dave
Dave from SWISCO responded:
I have been pondering a solution to your problem. You say you did try to unlock it with a 1/4" hex drive, but with no success? Could you possibly drill out that part of the lock where the hex is? Then, you could try to get into the mechanism to work the lock. Just be careful not to damage the door or the glass. Your best bet might be to contact a locksmith and see if they have any tricks to unlock the door. Sorry I could not be of more help.
A home owner from ft wayne, in says:
i have this same lock that is broken inside the locking mechanism. my question is this is a 4 point lock, so while looking at the front of the lock after taking it apart there are small knobs on the top and bottom so while locking/unlocking it catches a sliding mechanism to lock/unlock the top and bottom latches. the part #82-238 looks like mine, but does not have the white piece on the front. its the same size without the white piece, but does it have the knobs to catch the slider to lock/unlock the top and bottom latches?
thank you, jim
Profile picture of Dave
Dave from SWISCO responded:
I'm not sure what you are trying to describe. Please send some photos of the part you need to replace and a few of the handle set, as well. That would help us identify the part you need.
A home owner from Riva, Maryland says:
I am only searching for one part of my certainteed handle that broke. Measurements and photos similar to your models posted below. I have attached a photo of the piece I need...in hopes you sell just that part. Really do not need the entire handle set.

Advise,
Jessica
User submitted a photo of a patio door handle set.
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Unfortunately, that piece is not available by itself. It is only included in the comple handle kit.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)