missing patio door lock

A quick learner from Steilacoom, WA says:
I have a sliding glass patio door that is missing its lock and handle. The marking between the glass is SNE. The lock opening is 6 1/8" long and 3/4"wide. The distance between screw holes of the lock is 5 1/4". Do you have a lock and handle to fit?
User submitted a photo of patio door hardware.
Profile picture of Dave Sr.
Dave Sr. from SWISCO responded:
There are two locks that come to mind. Look at our 82-229 and 82-244 and see if either of these can match. Make sure that all the dimensions line up before you make a decision.
A quick learner from Steilacoom says:
Neither of the locks you mentioned is 6 1/8 by 3/4. I was wondering about 82-227 but the drawing does not show the depth.
Profile picture of Dave Sr.
Dave Sr. from SWISCO responded:
I see what you're saying. Fortunately, the hole center spacing on the 82-227 does match up to your own hole spacing, so that's a good choice. The total height, to be honest, isn't really that important, as long as the hole spacing is the same.

My main concern is the depth of the cut-out. The plate on the 82-227 is only 1/8" thick, while the cut out you show in the photo looks deeper. That's why I thought maybe one of the other two could work, namely the 82-229 which also has a 5-1/4" hole spacing. Can you confirm? I'm wondering if your original lock had a really thick plate, or if there's something else at play. What type of keeper do you have for this door? If possible, I would like to see that, as well.
How to maintain a sliding glass door
How to maintain a sliding glass door
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.