SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

missing patio door lock

A quick learner from Steilacoom, WA says:
I have a sliding glass patio door that is missing its lock and handle. The marking between the glass is SNE. The lock opening is 6 1/8" long and 3/4"wide. The distance between screw holes of the lock is 5 1/4". Do you have a lock and handle to fit?
User submitted a photo of patio door hardware.
Profile picture of Dave
Dave from SWISCO responded:
There are two locks that come to mind. Look at our 82-229 and 82-244 and see if either of these can match. Make sure that all the dimensions line up before you make a decision.
A quick learner from Steilacoom says:
Neither of the locks you mentioned is 6 1/8 by 3/4. I was wondering about 82-227 but the drawing does not show the depth.
Profile picture of Dave
Dave from SWISCO responded:
I see what you're saying. Fortunately, the hole center spacing on the 82-227 does match up to your own hole spacing, so that's a good choice. The total height, to be honest, isn't really that important, as long as the hole spacing is the same.

My main concern is the depth of the cut-out. The plate on the 82-227 is only 1/8" thick, while the cut out you show in the photo looks deeper. That's why I thought maybe one of the other two could work, namely the 82-229 which also has a 5-1/4" hole spacing. Can you confirm? I'm wondering if your original lock had a really thick plate, or if there's something else at play. What type of keeper do you have for this door? If possible, I would like to see that, as well.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)