SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

patio door part needed

A home owner from 53406 says:
3 foot channel roller assembly (for 2 doors)
No manufacturer info.
User submitted picture of patio door channel roller assembly.
Profile picture of Dave
Dave from SWISCO responded:
Thanks for posting. Unfortunately, after extensive research, we have not been able to find this exact roller. I'm not sure if it's still available. However, that nylon part on the end is just a track guide. You may be able to substitute with something else. Please see our 84-029. Could you use this, perhaps?
A home owner from WI says:
Hi Dave,

Thanks for your research and reply. Hopefully you are not dealing with any serious effects of the recent storm out there in NJ.

I am not sure that the screen door end roller would work as it appears that the bearings on all four of my steel rollers are shot (So I was told as I am a female un-handy person).

Would it be possible to replace the entire track/roller assembly on my two 38.5" wide doors?

Thanks again,

Profile picture of Dave
Dave from SWISCO responded:
Thanks for your patience in this matter. We are quite fine after the storm, actually! We appreciate your concern.

Now, I've been looking around for another possible replacement, and I think I might know why I'm having trouble finding this. You mentioned a track system. Is it possible that there is more to this roller? Could there a housing that these rollers fit into when installed in the door? It may, indeed, look like a long channel of some kind. If there is, please send a photo of the complete system for me to see.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)