SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

patio door rollers

A home owner from maryland says:
Hi!
Third house with a sliding door so been around a little while...this one has me a bit stumped...trying to remove the sliding unit to assess the replacement rollers required...and to eventually replace them.

Unit is all vinyl and the frame pieces making the U channel (retaining the sliding unit) are all welded...nothing is removable as on the previous houses....anyhow, with the door lowered on both rollers, the door can be raised so the bottom will come out of the track but the rollers appear to keep the door from sliding out of the track completely....

Would getting a 6" putty knife under each roller be an appropriate method??? figured better to ask somebody that's seen one before breaking a piece of vinyl...

thanks, in advance
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
Yes, I think the putty knife could work. We also have a video on this kind of project that may help you.
A home owner from maryland says:
Thanks Pat!

Already saw the video and this door isn't anywhere close to the kind in the movie.

I'll try the putty knife when the weather & time permit.
A quick learner from maryland says:
Paul:

Sorry for the typo in the last post....

WX and scheduling finally allowed for removing the door...the putty knives worked just fine.

I ordered the parts needed tonight so with a little luck, things will be sliding smoothly next weekend.

tnx!!
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)