SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

patio door thickness

A quick learner from massachusetts says:
i'm looking to replace my patio door lock....the thickness measures 1 1/2" ...the 3 15/16 holes line up.....will the lock that says 3 3/8 work ?
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
I'm not sure which of our locks it is you're referring to. Could you give me the SWISCO.com part number? As for your hardware, can you show us a couple pictures? That will give us a good idea of what you have and what can work as a replacement.
A quick learner from Boston says:
Heres is a photo of my patio door keeyed lock.
I need to replace but not sure which one to order
Thank you very much
User submitted photos of patio door hardware.
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Thank you! Take a look at our 82-074 lock set, I think this may be a match. Keep in mind that this is meant for doors that are 1-5/8" thick, but since yours is 1-1/2" thick you should be able to simply trim down the key tail. Also see our 82-218 mortise lock, if you need that.
A professional from CA says:
I don't see a key cylinder. If it is missing the door may be operable from outside. It may be possible to flip your mortise lock and handle. They are safer when the lock points up. It is unlikely (but not impossible) that your door was designed to have the lever at the top.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)