SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

patio keyed lock set handle

A home owner from Wakefield, RI says:
I ordered and received a patio keyed lock set handle part # 82074. The overall measurements are fine 8 and 3/8 and the holes are fine for attaching to the door 3and 15/16.

My problem is the interior latch which broke on the existing handle is centered at 4 and 1/4 approximatly whereas on the 82-74 new handle it is not centered. Is there another handle that matches my existing one.

My handle has a code inside of F L . Next to the interior latch location there appears to be another knockout location with a letter B the center is 3 and 3/8th from one end on my existing handle and is the location of the of the interior latch on the new handle. The new handle has a potential knockout which would match ther location of my interior door latch on the old handle.

Can this be moved on the new handle by drilling out the metal?
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
I'm afraid the latch for the 82-074 cannot be moved. Our 82-069 may be a better match for you. It has the same hole spacing, but with an adjustable latch. To add a key lock, see our 82-310.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)