SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

patio screen door corner

A home owner from USA says:
This is a corner from a patio screen door. Please let me know if available.
User submitted a photo of screen door hardware.
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
Unfortunately, this extruded patio screen door corner key was made by Jim Walters in Florida, who has been out of business for years now. Check out the list I made for you on the right side of this page. You may be able to use one of these as a substitute. Carefully look over each one and see what you think.
A home owner from California says:
I have a Simonton Windows patios door that uses this same extruded patio screen door corner. I don't need a replacement, but I do need to remove the door corner to do some repair work on the door. I have removed both screws that hold the door corner in place, but I am not able to remove the corner from the door. I slides out from the door frame about 1/4 inch, but then will not slide out any further. Is there a trick to removing these corners from the door frame?
Profile picture of Dave
Dave from SWISCO responded:
Hello! Take a look at the video below on how to replace a screen door corner. That might help you remove this corner. Take note that when you remove the corner, you have to make sure that the roller wheel is depressed into the door channel by using the adjustment screw. That could be what is holding up the removal.
A professional from California says:
Just a couple of comments on the video.
I just remove a few inches of mesh from the end and it usually goes right back into the groove without having to rescreen it. In the worst case, it might not work, and you are back at replacing the mesh. But at least give it a shot. I cringe every time he hits the frame with the metal hammer. Use a rubber mallet. If you dent the spline channel, you may not even notice the dent before it can cause problems. If it is tight in one spot the spline roller can cut into the mesh. Any dents or bends in the bottom will also need to be corrected. I would also recommend putting the corner in the rail and installing the wheel before tapping it back together. That wheel can be tough to get in right and can be easier while disassembled.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)