SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

patio screen roller from bottom of door, glass says guardian 1984, wheel is metal with piece elongated metal tension piece

A home owner from Gurnee, Il says:
I am looking for replacement rollers for patio screen door, from bottom. Glass on this sliding door says guardian 1984 but house was built in 1991. Wheel is metal with long metal piece for tension, which snapped off. I dont know want to measure so I can submit specifications. I really want this fixed, replecement screens dont work well, we tried
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
We should be able to help, but I would like a picture of the roller in question out of the door. That would help us get started, or at the very least it will help us know what to ask for next.
A quick learner from Door and window says:
Broken roller tension spring, I was unable to remove it from door because I was concerned to break further, Ineed several new rollers but just to spring wil tesove the malfunction. Wheels arepretty worn but function Thete must be aceay to fabricate this spring if we can't locate the replacement.
User submitted photos of a patio door roller.
Profile picture of Dave
Dave from SWISCO responded:
Thanks for the new information! I'm afraid the tension springs are not available by themselves. You will need a complete roller assembly. That said, take a look at our 84-140 and 84-142 rollers to get started. We also have a few videos on these type rollers that should help in the removal of yours so you can get a good look at it. You can see them on the right side of this page.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)