SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

patio slide door

A quick learner from Massena, NY( Siberia of the north) says:
does your wool pile weatherstripping for patio doors have adhesive for attaching or slide into a track? My existing seal does not seem to do the job and I would like to install a second strip adjoining the existing one. Thank you T Musante
Profile picture of Dave
Dave from SWISCO responded:
We have both a stick on type #58-026 and various slide in type wool piles. You would have to go through SWISCO's replacement wool pile catalog section to match them up to your existing weather strip. I feel the best would be to match it up to your original weatherstrip, although I know some people like to supplement their original weatherstrip with the stick-on wool pile.
A home owner says:
Thank you. I will check into your weather stripping further. Might do a little of each after the weather warms up enough to take the door off and get a better look. Existing strip seem inadequate.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)