pella casement hardware

A landlord from Manhassett ny says:
I need all hardware to fix theses windows.please help identify. thanks, Todd
A customer submitted photo of a Pella window operator.
Profile picture of Casey
Casey from SWISCO responded:
Thanks for posting, Todd! Please take a look at our 39-175. Do you think that this might work for you? Please let me know!
A landlord from manhassett says:
Donna I shall check to see if 39-175 works.can you tell me if I can get these plastic glides Thanks
User submitted pictures of pella window assembly.
Profile picture of Casey
Casey from SWISCO responded:
The plastic glides may be part of your hinge, as shown for Pella Hinge Assemblies, LH 39-351 and RH 39-352. So, take a look at those and see what you think.

Keep in mind, we can also supply the fittings if that's all you need, see the 39-363 Pella Hinge Shoe and the 39-371 Pella Hinge Shoe Pair.
A handy person from Chicago Illinois says:
This is a responce to the thread "a landlord from Manhassett says".

I have the same exact windows as this individual. Is there a photograph or illistration of how the 1 piece arm retrofits to this style of window

Also to point out 1 more problem: In the photograph of the bottom inside corner of the window, you can see the standalone hinge shoe sticking out of the bottom of the window. That hinge shoe is connected to the bottom of the window by a bracket mounted on the underside of that corner. it has a claw that locks into the hinge shoe and a small steel roller that the weight of the window rests on. Do the 1 piece assemblies replace the fixed arm as seen next to the crank arm in the top picture and the standalone hinge shoe assembly. I just ac't seem to picture it
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
I'm not sure I can picture it either, based on your description. I'm also not sure exactly which of the pictures you're referring to. Could I see a few pictures of your own hardware? If you show me the hinge in its entirety, I can tell you which of our products would be the best match for it. Thanks!
A handy person from Chicago Illinois says:
My hardware is identical to the pictures in this thread.

The top picture shows the sash crank arm and above it you see a fixed position, hinged arm that works with one on the top that keep the window plumb as it moves. In the reply to the response from Donna the first picture is the bottom hinged corner of the window, and below that is the top hnged corner of the window.

If you look at the very top picture and the top picture of the respons you will see that there are 3 indipendent points of contact between the window and the window frame. The fixed pivot arm that keeps the window plumb, the crank that moves the window and the pivoting corner where the pivot shoe fits into the runner in the frame and holding the bottom of the window to the pivot shoe is a bracket that hooks into pivot shoe and has a small steel wheel on it that offloads the weight of window off of the pivot shoe as the window moves.

I need to get whatever replaced the pivoting lower corner assembly. If you look at the first picture of the response you see the pivot shoe and just in front of the pivot shoe you see the black stripe left by the wheel as it rolled across the bottom frame.

Sorry I'm so long winded
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
It sounds like you're just talking about the hinge. If so, check out our 39-351 and 39-352 and see if either of these could work for you.
A home owner from SE Iowa says:
When I built my house in 1980, my Pella windows were of this same design. I've been trying to get new slide shoes for this type directly from Pella for years with no luck (they seem more interested in selling new windows). I'm hoping SWISCO #39-363, will work.

As for the the operator the man from Chicago wants, I believe it is 39-175, or the opposite hand, 39-176, should be correct. They sure look correct.
Anatomy of a casement window
Anatomy of a casement window
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to identify casement and awning operators
How to identify casement and awning operators
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.