pella mortise handle set

A home owner from Flagstaff, AZ says:
Hi,
We have a '98 Pella door with the holes drilled, but no hardware installed. The mortise hole is 9" tall and 3" deep, and the backset is 1 7/8". The distance between the two bores is 3.5". Any thoughts on what hardware might fit in here?
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Thank you for posting. Can you first tell me if this is a storm door or a glass patio sliding door? That will help us determine a possible replacement. Thanks!
A home owner from Flagstaff,AZ says:
This is a storm door (with a glass insert) 1 3/4" thick. I can post a picture if that is helpful.
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Yes, a picture would be very helpful! In the meantime, look at our 40-191 and see if this is a possible match.
A home owner from Flagstaff, AZ says:
Here's a picture of the holes in the door.

The 40-191 looks like it has a smaller mortise than the cutout.
User submitted a photo of patio door hardware.
Profile picture of Dave Sr.
Dave Sr. from SWISCO responded:
Thank you. It's hard to tell what you may have without having the original lock on hand. Do you still have it laying around? I also do not see any screw holes for the mortise lock face. How does it install in the door?

Do you see any markings or stamps anywhere on the storm door itself? Any serial numbers or Series name would help us get to the bottom of this.
SWISCO 40-191 Storm Door Multi-Point Mortise Lock by Pella
SWISCO 40-191 Storm Door Multi-Point Mortise Lock by Pella
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to flip a storm door mortise latch.
How to flip a storm door mortise latch.
VIDEO
WATCH >
40-191 Mortise Lock Latch Assembly Removal
40-191 Mortise Lock Latch Assembly Removal
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.